REAL? Yellow R 039

10 replies [Last post]
whodey22 same a...
whodey22 same as flippyfloppy22's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 49 weeks ago. Offline

Big question Real or Fake? From UK , came in zip lock bag. The R does not look right really on the third one. Also lettering looks to small and scores on back look to shallow. The company i received these from said they were 100% surely made buy Roche.

REAL? Yellow R 039

Moved to separate thread for whodey22

kirby
kirby's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline
R039

Answer to big question - fake!

"R" logo is Purepac's logo (part of Actavis), not Roche's logo:

Logo - Purepac

http://www.pharmer.org/images/logos/logo-purepac

And Roche does not manufacture alprazolam meds.

Here are a couple of images of authentic R 039 alprazolam tabs made by Actavis:

Alprazolam - R 039

http://www.pharmer.org/images/domestic/alprazolam-r-039-0

flounder
User offline. Last seen 1 year 46 weeks ago. Offline
from pics

note that the ends of your tab are round whereas legitimate tab is square with rounded corners.

note the difference in the font on the "9"

though sometimes manufacturers will change font styles depending on date or place of manufacture, the ends of the tab is a big deal.

slosippa
slosippa's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
fake

as flounder said.....roche doesent make alprazolam products

cbaldivar
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
fake

I have encountered fake greenstone 2mg supposed alprazolam, but they were very hard like a rock and didnt have the same bitter taste. they were overseas pills and i found on a forum a guy said he had the same ones and they were from india and was flumazepam or a different benzo not used too much especially in the u.s.  sorry for your fake purchase.. how do they taste, and did you take any?

gaucho
gaucho's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Yellow alp bars, imprint P039

It is a P for Purepac, not an R, though the presence of a tiny line below the loop of the P may make it LOOK a little like an R. Now the real pills are made obviously by Actavis, owners of the Purepac brand, however they are not and never have been made in the UK. 1 and 2mg alprazolam have been deleted from the BNF for over 15 years now and there are no generic alps in the UK, only Pfizer and Upjohn XANAX in 250 and 500mcg strengths, with usual Xanax imprints of 'UPJOHN 29' & 'UPJOHN 55'. They are also the most expensive Xanax I ever came across and had to change from it to the less effective and more sedating and mentally and intellectually debilitating Lorazepam 2.5mg on qds basis. I understand that a Pakistani company makes yellow bars with the same imprint under brand name ALPROX of which there are very mixed reviews. Some say that the amount of alp in each tablet can vary from 1mg to 4mg but never actually having tried the things I could not say. The other thing is that Roche do not and never have made alprazolam. Where that idea came from is beyond me. One quick look at Roche's website would confirm that. Are people so lazy that they can not actually do any research even with the entire knowledge base of the internet at their fingertips? Makes me mad sometimes.... So to summarise: Definitely 2mg alprazolam. Made either in US or Pakistan. Brand ALPROX or generic alprazolam by Actavis/Purepac. Quality as yet unknown; US made alprazolam is notoriously poor quality with the exception of branded XANAX and GREENSTONE. I heard that since Actavis bought Purepac the quality of those P039 bars has gone up by a considerable amount. I would need confirmation from experienced users before committing myself to any opinion and personal consumption before posting an absolute positive or negative and my customary marks out of ten for quality. At the moment for alprazolam I have KSALOL at #1 with a 9 for 1mg, and XANOR by Pfizer South Africa & ALPLAX by Gador, SA both at 9.5 for 2mg strength. The closest followers are 1mg Upjohn 90 XANAX by Pfizer Belgium and 2mg G3722 GREENSTONE bars from USA. The worst are 1mg MYLAN USA A1 and PINIX by Adamjee Pakistan; for 2mg, Sandoz USA GG249 bars and MYLAN USA. Remember that Mylan originating out with the US are in fact excellent as they are the ex MERCK generics which Mylan bought over around three or four years back. The 1mg are sky blue ovoids, unmarked, and rather good quality. Hope this adds a bit to the conversation.

edited. g

sonicwhite
sonicwhite's picture
User offline. Last seen 43 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
When doc put me on

When doc put me on xanax.....I would switch from Sandoz to Activis. Activis you can get at walgreens and the Sandoz where from only one Pharmacy that I could find and that was 30 minutes away......Ya your yellow bars are def off......I mean it may have something in it like a benzo but who know's. I only ordered from out of state once and have never done it again.....I take klonopin 1 mg twice daily PRN......

portlandia
portlandia's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
The only way to know for sure

The only way to know for sure is to try one. They might have some kind of benzo in them. Xanax raw material is very cheap so they could be a underground lab xanax tab. Their are these odd chinese sources that sell kilos of raw material of certain drugs. Anabolic Steroid powder is the easiest to find in the kilogram and it sells for cheap and some of these chinese sources do also have some Benzo powders.

Usually the source will have some kind of make-shift clandestine underground lab set-up and they will make a liquid benzo product where 1ml will equal 2mg but It is something I would never buy and would also never recommend it to a friend because the dosing gets messed up alot and I have heard of reports where some poor teenager takes 25mg on accident because the source dosed the product wrong. 

Chance
Chance's picture
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 18 hours ago. Offline
Ummm...no.

The only way to know for sure is with laboratory analysis.

If a tablet is probably fake, testing it by taking one is extremely reckless and potentially dangerous.

slosippa
slosippa's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
definate fakes.

ive had purepac (actavis) alprazolam 2mg SEVERAL times and they look nothing like these. they have a very distinct shape that i cant describe (but you can see Real ones in the pic) i consider them in the top 3 makers of alprazolam trailing only after Greenstone which i find to be the best.

gaucho
gaucho's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
P039 alprazolam 2mg yellow bar

No. Not real. Orifin is NOT UK but Pakistan; these pills, with average alprazolam content of under 1mg, are sold there under brand name ALPROX and are poor copies of the Actavis/Purepac US-made pill.

Note the extremely bright yellow, the very rounded edges and the thickness od theill, which is xonsiderably more than real Purepac generic.

These are increasingly being seen in Western Europe and sold at ridiculously high prices for a pill sold Iin Pakistan for the equivalent of around 5 cents per 30. They are so weak they are not worth touching. Always make certain of the origin of any pill with this imprint as several companies sell the copy punch die for use with a TDP-6 tabletting machine. Also sold are xopy dies for Actavis A215 oxycodone 30mg; Xanax brand 2mg (American imprint which is NEVER seen outwith USA unless bought from there via deep web vendors - everywhere else, Xanax 2mg carry 'U94' imprint.); Adderall IR 30mg; M30 pxycodone; and many more xopy dies for sought after Western medications.

BE CAREFUL, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR EXPERIENCE IS NOT WIDE RANGING. PAKISTAN IS THE SOURCE OF SO MANY COUNTERFEIT WESTERN DRUGS IT IS ALMOST UNTRUE. ALWAYS CHECK PROVENANCE AS YOU WOULD WERE YOU BUYING A VAN GOGH OR A CHAGALL!!!

ADDED A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER...

Oops, sorry, I didn't remember that I had already replied to this one. Have I said anything new at all in this second post, I wonder? Probably not, but sometimes recently I worry about my memory. I had a small stroke 18 months or so back and can't help but worry that perhaps I have suffered a little damage. And do not wven think of mentioning vascular dementia or I shall be puahed into making that worse by worrying so much that I begin taking Xanax like sweeties. Wonder if there is any forum thread about memory loss, in oarticular short-term memory?