R039 or P039 ? Purapac REAL OR FAKE ?

5 replies [Last post]
EgoThief
User offline. Last seen 1 year 19 weeks ago. Offline

So i acquired some Purepac 2mg bars, I then came to realize that the imprint on the pill has a P instead of the classic R

Here is a picture : P039

Not only is the imprint wrong, but the color seems a bit darker than usual, like almost too yellow?

I'm like 90% sure these are fake. What are your thoughts ?

Also, I'm from the states.

gtrplayer
gtrplayer's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 days 9 hours ago. Offline
Whatever

Dont you hate it when the pharmacy has to resort to using baggies? Anyway, u asked for an ID, and here is one.

EgoThief
User offline. Last seen 1 year 19 weeks ago. Offline
I know what they originally

I know what they originally look like. 
But take a closer look at the imprint in my picture

Its missing the little slash on the R, so its a P with no slash

What does that mean, are they fake or real ??

gtrplayer
gtrplayer's picture
Honestly,  I couldnt tell

Honestly,

I couldnt tell you. If you use the "Search" button, and type in Purepac 2mg xanax, you wil see a couple of threads where some were reportedly fake, and others claimed they were real. The only advice I can give you is to try to get them from a pharmacy. That's the only way you will know for sure- because they are the trained professionals whose job it is to ensure the patient receives the correct prescription written by the doctor.

I hate to sound rude, but when I see a baggie of pills, I don't usually think "Which pharmacy uses plastic bags now?"

Sorry I can't be of more help. I've never been on 2mg of xanax before, so I wouldn't be able to tell you what it looks like--- but our search engine at the top right of the page does a fantastic job:)

Regards

gtrplayer
gtrplayer's picture
You'll have to judge for yourself

I found This page listing all Purepac 2mg alprazolam formulations over at Drugs.com.

Since I can not be 100% sure that what you possess is, or is not, alprazolam, my best advice to you would be to dispose of them by taking them to the pharmacy, and asking them to dispose of the tablets properly.

Not to be a total *^!&, but when I read "I recently acquired these pills", I tend to be very skeptical that what you say you have is actually what is in the bag. Without knowing if these pills were prescribed by a dr, and filled at a reputable pharmacy, there is no way I would ever think of telling you whether or not the pills are what they were claimed to be.

I know you are going to think I'm being a smart-aleck when I say this, but I am being sincere. Since the logo looks extremely suspect, I think it would be in your best interest to take them to a chain pharmacy and ask them. 

In case you don't come back to let us know what you found out regarding these pills: good luck. If it were me, I'd toss them. Not worth potential brain damage because you take a drug you happened to come in possession of, and thought they looked like a drug you are familiar with. I did do a very brief search on the purepac logo, and it's transformations, and cannot find one that looks like yours anywhere.

RichieXbars
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Fake pills BUT...........

Hello, those particular bars are fake, BUT that doesn't mean they do not contain alprazolam. Basically what I mean is those are supposed to be made to look like bars made by Purepac (I get purepac brand every month when I fill my prescription at Walgreens) but instead of the R that is usually on the Purepac pills they did too little research and ended up putting a P (I assume for Purepac) instead of the regular R, also as you have noticed they are they wrong color of yellow, which is very common among pressed bars, when I say pressed bars this usually means they have alprazolam in them (sometimes other benzodiazepines are used, I am sure you have taken bars you know we're from a pharmaceutical company instead of a pill press) I have gotten pressed Onax bars that contained alprazolam for sure without a doubt.

Also sometimes the people who press them actually make them stronger (or sometimes weaker) than bars from a USA pharmaceutical company. I also notice the color seems to rub off on the bag pretty easily but also pharmaceutical company bars in the USA do the Sam thing with some wear and tear and carrying them around in the same bag, especially if you have a large amount or the person who sold them to you had a large amount in there. I will say the numbers on your bars look great in the way they were pressed, comparing them to that picture of the Pharma company bars picture where two pills are pictured front and back, that is the actual picture from the Walgreens website of the Purepac bars they distribute.

Edited.   Please keep your posts "clean"  we purchase our meds from legit pharmacies who don't dispense meds in "plastic baggies".  Goat.