Fake Xanax GG 249?

122 replies [Last post]
alpha67
User offline. Last seen 8 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

Swim has a 2mg Xanax 'bar' - GG 249 - made by Sandoz.

Here is my concern: It doesn't taste like alprazolam. No 'bitterness' at all. In fact, it seems to have no taste at all.

Is it legitimate and this is normal or is it fake?
(It looks EXACTLY like the image on this site. Nothing to suspect a fake pill)

If this has been posted previously, I apologize.

goat
goat's picture
User offline. Last seen 17 hours 15 min ago. Offline
not fake

Alprazolam - GG 249

Submitted by NateADM01 on March 28, 2006 - 12:02am.

Generic Name: Alprazolam
Strength: 2 mg
Manufacturer: Sandoz
Trade Name: N/A
Type: Antianxiety
Class: RX, CIV
Size (mm): 15 X 4 X 2
Comment: Image courtesy of NateADM01. Imprint GG249

I am not a Dr. I just play one on tv.

Frkonaleash1010
User offline. Last seen 7 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Now I am starting to get

Now I am starting to get concerned. This is the second person recently who posted asking about the sandoz 2mg thinking they are fake. There definitely is a Sandoz generic that looks like the pic Goat has posted but I am curious to know why people think they dont work or are fake because I have personally tried this generic and although I didnt like them as much as others they definitely still worked so perhaps there is some fakes going around that look like this or perhaps people just have really high tolerance and are not feeling them. also you cant always go by taste for alprazolam tablets because some taste like nothing and others have a strong disgusting bitter taste. Did you actually try a tablet and had no effect or just tasted a small piece and didnt taste anything and thought it fake?

This is the other thread I was refering to dealing with these generics. 

http://www.pharmer.org/node/12820
goat
goat's picture
User offline. Last seen 17 hours 15 min ago. Offline
yep

i have noticed the couple posts also/// i think its all about the taste mostly with this one....i have only had bitter alprazolam..you know it is real very fast..they do loose some of the bitterness with age...if you carry them in your pocket for awhile.  maybe these posters are used to the bitter taste and when its not there the mind tricks you in to thinking they are weak or fake...but i have no idea.Undecided

I am not a Dr. I just play one on tv.

alpha67
User offline. Last seen 8 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
clarify

Yes, swim has taken them before, but didn't feel much of the sedative effects..and assumed what I did feel was a 'placebo' effect. But others I know say they felt the effects.  

I wasn't aware that there is some alprazolam out there that doesn't have taste. But it makes sense that over time it may loose its 'bitter' taste.

But it still makes me suspicious.

Frkonaleash1010
User offline. Last seen 7 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Well In my post I didnt

Well In my post I didnt really mean that some generics have "no" taste but some brands are definitely a little stronger than others and that might just be because the pill touched my tongue for a split second longer than a different one. I dont let my alprazolam dissolve under my tongue like some people do I pop my pills to the back of my throat and then take a sip of water so the time and surface thats in contact with my tongue can vary so it might make it appear that some are stronger tasting than others. Either way I have had the Sandoz generic on a couple occaisions and they are indeed alprazolam. I think its just a tolerance issue or the fact that people have not seen this generic and are thus skeptical because one side is flat instead of scored on both sides like most other generics. 

davidjm
User offline. Last seen 8 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
  i got the same bunk pills

i got the same pills 11-13-08 no tast or smell and i consumed 1 and half bar more than my normel dose in a day and the next day i was going through withdraws. the ones i got look just like goat specifications looks measurements i emailed the company so will see what they say i think im the 3 person on here with the same problem. and i get the same brand in .25 mg gg 256 oval from my shrink at kiaser and there bitter and have a serten smell in the bottle thanks

edited out last name

kirby
kirby's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Fake Alprazolam Maybe?

Did these GG 249 pills come in a blister pack?

If they came in blisters with company name, med name, lot number, country etc. on the blister, they are probably genuine but they may be inferior products or old or stored in lousy conditions.

If they came loose or in a baggie or unlabeled bottle, they are probably fakes.

Here is an image of some 'alprazolam' that was supplied in an unlabeled bottle. Both the owner and another poster think they are fakes. And they are most likely correct:

Submitted by kirby on July 1, 2007 - 9:46am.
Alprazolam - Alprazolam 2 mg

Generic Name: Alprazolam
Strength: 2 mg
Manufacturer: Unknown
Trade Name: N/A
Type: Antianxiety
Size (mm): 7 X 3
Comment: If anyone knows the manufacturer and area of the world where this tablet is produced, please let us know. Thank you.

Note added July 2008:

Two people, the tablet owner and an anonymous member, believe these pills are fakes. They were purchased in Central America.

[edited to correct the link to my image] 

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.
davidjm
no blister pack

from the same company i got the bars from. i got 1mg upjhon purplesh blue  and they were not in blisterpacks ether.and they are true xanax. this realy x*#&s i thought id found a alright company expensive but i didnt think they were a burn good luck to every one thanks

flounder
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
there are bogus bar tabs

there are bogus bar tabs floating around

patinseattle
xanax gg 249's

I just got 4 of these from old friends.  I instantly was concerned about the wierd taste (not bitter).

my thought is that they may be generic.  but its hard to believe benzo would ever taste diff.  either way I just took one 25 min ago and its working great for me. I will let u know if they are real. ther around seattle.   let me know what u gus think

editMod3