Ocycodone shortages 2012 june

29 replies [Last post]
sick of BTP
User offline. Last seen 5 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Pain patches besides Fentynal

t-bone if you have good insurance lidoderm patches 5% work great but for 60 there $500.00.Wink

sick of BTP
FDA prompts companies to remove certain unapproved oxycodone pro
goat
goat's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 day 5 hours ago. Offline
re:

HERE

try mine.

sick of BTP
thanks

seen that after i made the post Goat......I hope this helps everyone

goat
goat's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 day 5 hours ago. Offline
yes

you can look further into the link and see which company/drug is approved/

t-bone
t-bone's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 days ago. Offline
RE: Lidoderm Patches

RE: Lidoderm Patches

Yep, my insurance covers them and the doctor wrote a month script for 90, though I typically only use one at a time.  But this allowed me to get three boxes of em for $25.00 (they are considered a 'preferred' drug, and there is no generic...but $25 is MUCH cheaper that $500!)

And they do help, with muscular pain, but not really muc help with actual disk issues like I have.

t-bone
t-bone's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 days ago. Offline
Regarding the two links

Regarding the two links listed above - it appears that several manufacturers are on the 'good' list, so I don't see how this is 'the answer' to the shortage.  Maybe I missed something...?

celticgreenman
celticgreenman's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Shortage

t-bone,

sick of BTP put out the supposition that the FDA removing these unapproved oxycodone products was the reason for the shortage.

goat just pointed out that these are unapproved medicines, and that would not account for the shortage.  In fact, the same thing was stated in sick of BTP’s link, “…Ilisa Bernstein, acting director of the Office of Compliance in the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, said, “Since FDA-approved versions of these oral dosage forms are available by prescription, there should be no negative impact on consumers as a result of this action and no disruptions to the drug supply.”…”

So, there was a supposition put out as to the reason behind the shortages, but that was sort of derailed as inconsequential.  There was no  reason for or solution to the shortage given.  You did not miss anything.

cgm

quincy
User offline. Last seen 1 year 30 weeks ago. Offline
Approved . . .

Goat's link, as I went further into it, shows that plain old Oxycodone and Roxicodone are among the approved drugs. Hence, no problem with availability due to  the FDA's recent ruling. Good link G-Man