Ocycodone shortages 2012 june

29 replies [Last post]
Herrball
User offline. Last seen 1 day 7 hours ago. Offline
Walgreens?

Anyone other than Quincy that uses Walgreens on a regular basis ought to have their head examined.  If you haven't encountered any major catastrophes with them yet, you will, you can count on that.  One day you'll walk into that same pharmacy that you've been dealing with for over 20 years, and someone will tell you this: You do not have a profile in our system sir/ms.  Then you'll ask, what, I've using this pharmacy for over 20 years and they say: I'm sorry sir/ ms. but there's nothing I can do about that.  Just a little tiny example of what goes on at Walgreens here in my neck of the woods.  I buy my razor blades at Walgreens, that's it.    Just had to throw in my two cents.  BTW, I haven't encountered any problems with the oxy 30s here in Miami other than the limit that has been placed on all oxy products by my local pharmacy with is 200 per month.  What that means is that you can get any combination of oxy products but no more than 200 per month so lets say that you were taking the OxyContin 80 mg and also for BT the oxy 30s.  Between the two of them, you can't have any more than 200 units or tablets.  It has done very well here.  It seems to keep everyone happy.  My Dr. has re-written my scripts so to abide by that rule and it's working fine.  OK, that's four cents now. 

lost in pain
User offline. Last seen 2 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Blame Forida-just kidding

Yell I live in fl. and always go to the same  pharmacy in tell this month aug. The pharmacists said come back in 2 days

so I hit every pharmacy around and nobody had them.so I went back to my normal pharmacy and she said they didn't come in and won't be coming in  for a few months.so I had to change my script to morphine sul.ir 15mg from oxycodone 30mg.I am in a great deal of pain and I don't think the morphine sul. ir is even close to the oxycodone for BT pain.Can somebody out there tell me what is equivalent to oxycodone 30mg.so next month I don't have to stay in pain all month.I have been on oxycodone for 5yrs now cause it works.

I herd they aren't making oxycodone any more but I don't no how true it is.I read it on this forum. 

thanks to anyone that can answer my ?

quincy
User offline. Last seen 1 year 30 weeks ago. Offline
Oxycodone . . .

Hiya painfully lost,

They're still making Oxycodone but they are also making it harder to get, especially in FL. My dose conversion chart that comes with the PI in my wife's fentanyl box states that 30mg Oxycodone is converted to 60 oral morphine, not 15mg. Your Dr. is an opioidaphobic and is purposefully undermedicating you. Good luck with resolving that issue. Other opioids that equal an Oxy 30mg are 8mg of Oral Hydromorphone, 150mg oral codeine, and 20mg of oral methadone. Good luck and welcome to pharmer . . . Q

lost in pain
Walgreens in fl have been out 3wks now

have been out 3wks now.and I was getting 240 but jan. they cut everyone down to 168 is the max.But i  guess now it don't matter cause there no were to be found in fl for now.well i guess for the next two mo.

lost in pain
oxycodone

quincy      thank you for the fast reply.I told my doc. i wanted kadin and he had no clue of how much to give me = to oxycodone.so i said put me on morhine ir 30 because I need something for the bt pain.I am on methadone 10 as well but he put me on morphine ir 15. and they are not working

quincy
User offline. Last seen 1 year 30 weeks ago. Offline
I hear you . . .

Hiya LP,

The 10 mg methadone would convert to a 15mg Oxy. I'm Rx'ed #240 30s myself and have had zero probs here in NM. You would think that NM would have tighter rules as it ranks #1 in the US for OD Deaths but go figure, huh? As for the rapid reply, you were lucky, lol, 'cause I was just going through my mail when your's popped up. Good timing bro . . . Q

celticgreenman
celticgreenman's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Conversion calculator

lost in pain,

Here is a website which has calculators for the conversion of different opioids.

http://www.globalrph.com/opioidconverter2.htm

According to this calculator, the coversion for 30mg of oxycodone to morphine can range from ~12mg to 45mg, depending upon how much crossover reduction is used.

Good luck.  Hope that you can get your pain management under control.

cgm

Herrball
User offline. Last seen 1 day 7 hours ago. Offline
Same problem with me

We were having the same problem several months back and what my pharmacy did was cut all oxycodone products, no matter what they were to 200 per person per month.  From OC 80 mg, MS Contin 100 mg, and Oxycodone 30 mg. we cut out my OC 80 mg all together and went to the MS Contin 200 mg instead so that I was able to get 200 of the oxy 30 mg. for the BT.  All of this stems from those dad gum Pill Mills in Broward County.  The limits made sense to me and it is actually working out rather well.  Working out for everyone, the patients, the pharmacy and the Doctors, I would assume too.  Converting  from 30 mg. oxy is hard to say because everyone's different.  Good luck to you...

t-bone
t-bone's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 days ago. Offline
I went to every Walgreens in

I went to every Walgreens in town earlier this month, trying to get my 30mg Roxicodone filled, and was told they dont have any at each store.  VERY frustrating.  I ended up finding it elsewhere but now my PM dr has changed me over to 30mg Morphine IR and quite honestly Im glad because I dont wanna go through this &*&? every month.  The dr did say they are very open to adjusting the mg dosage as some people find it close to equal, while others find it less effective and still others find it more effective.  Personally I think about 45 mg of Morhine equals 30 mg Oxycodone.  Thinking about switching to a pain patch (another option my dr offered) - are there other pain patches besides Fentynal? 

celticgreenman
celticgreenman's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
BuTrans

t-bone,

The FDA approved the BuTrans patch a little while ago.  Its active ingredient is buprenorphine.  You might look into it.

cgm