Actavis brand oxycodone (A215) back... but very different?? Has anyone else noticed a change in them??

16 replies [Last post]
flmanonmeds
User offline. Last seen 7 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

Has anyone noticed a difference in the Actavis brand oxycodone 30 mg (A215) since coming back on the shelves?  These use to be my favorite brand before the recall. They always seemed to work best for me and my pain. It was a terrible thing when we all went through the days of not being able to even fill our meds because of this major recall. I had to go through finding a new brand that would work for me...I found the Mallinckrodt (M 30's) to work well for me but when I found out the old brand was back on the shelves recently I ran out to get them. I don't know if it's just me or not but these are not the same pills I use to take back then. They affect me differently...they don't last as long as they use to and I just don't feel the same on them as I use to. Now this could very well be in my head or due to the fact that I have been on another brand for the last 9 months. I would like to know if anyone else has had this experience with them? If so please share... Thanks

quincy
User offline. Last seen 48 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
I tried the Activis 30 mg

I tried the Activis 30 mg after they returned as well, flm., and I agree with you on the perceived change. Who knows, after a while though, they seemed the same as the Mallis. Perhaps the coating is different and it takes a bit longer to dissolve a release, hence a longer time till onset? You might notice that the Mallis have a softer outside, perhabs even crumbly. That's my 2 cents . . . Q

superman57
User offline. Last seen 7 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
you are dead right m8 I  used

you are dead right m8

I  used to take the A/215 30's, but recently Ive been on the malli's 30mg M/30's 'last 6 months'

Then last week  I got sick off them Money mouth not the sick you get from oxy, but sick sick. They killed the pain, but at the cost I was nausua all day long.

I swore they had niacin in them as that drug makes me sick. today I just picked up the M/30's again and back to bliss no sick feeling at all

My 2cents they are deff cut with something bad I got mine from wallgreens deff oxy+something. If its niacin or someting elseI dont know but if it came down to taking the a/215s or going into withdrawls till i can get some mallis ill choose withdrawls

edit/g

mrbrandman
User offline. Last seen 6 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
I have the new Activis 15mgs

I have the new Activis 15mgs and haven't had a problem with them so far, Ive taken them for a month.

oneir
oneir's picture
User offline. Last seen 6 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Today I got my Rx filled with

Today I got my Rx filled with the Mallinkrots...grrrrrr. hate life :(

T. Calderone
T. Calderone's picture
User offline. Last seen 40 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
I recently got the Actavis brand

My prescription is for 15 mg.  I had been getting the Mallinckrodt for the longest time.  When I recently got the Actavis brand, I didn't notice any bad effects or difference compared to the pills from a few years back.

quincy
Aw Oneir, quit hating on

Aw Oneir, quit hating on Mr. Mallinckrodt, the little krodts need new shoes . . . 'n shoelaces ta boot.

Laughing      Q      Wink

100mgMarlboro
User offline. Last seen 7 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
That's Funny:)

That's funny Q, u said the little "krodts".   

I just got my little "krodts" filled the other day too.  I have had the Amide but personally I could not tell that much difference between the two, as far as that aspect goes. 

quincy
Hey Marl, how you bean? I've

Hey Marl, how you bean? I've been down and sick for awhile, like 2 months or so. I guess I'm starting to feel better since my cornball sense of humor is coming back . . . sorry folks.

Smile      Q      Smile

100mgMarlboro
Hello Q !

I BEAN, (u crack me up) putty good.  I try to get off dis BEAN shist, u no s'x they is a point in u life when u say enuf is enuf, eh?  BUT I need fo pain, bad pain!  So i make my 30mg POOF turn into 15mg (but 2x da amount) so I may adjust if need to take 45mg or just 15mg, U SEE?  I think it's gonna work!  I no it's no juice me but tolerance can go up very fast.  So, if dis no work i gonna ask to go back on da Morphine or even try ask my doc again to try methadone, Idunno yet, pain very bad in a.m. & middle of night.  Cannot afford Suboxone or all these new meds, I still take Ibuprofen & now I try BC again, is ok. 

Two months?  U, my God, very strong man u mus be.  I dunno what I would have done in pain & sick for 2 months?  We Love You, on this forum & jus in life in general, very nice, very nice.    

Now, I will apologize if I sound "corny", I just feel like Father Guido Sarducci right now & I have good reason or genes to fill dis way.   Hi to u wife, just having fun!  How is the Mrs. A5?   

100mgMarlboro
No,

No I haven't noticed any difference, of course I usually don't get the Actavis brand.  I usually have gotten the Mallinckrodts. 

However to Flmanonmeds, I have noticed that when I 1st got my 30mgs of OxIR, they were really soft & now they are hard AND are not quite as effective (Personally, I think this IMHO is due to tolerance) so I asked for a dosage change to 15mgs so I may take them as I feel fit for managing the pain.  This way I at least do not get quite the headache as well as other side effects that come w/ meds.   HOPE, THAT HELPS.  TAKE CARE!